The Australia China Alumni Awards celebrates the success and achievements of selected Chinese alumni who have studied at Australian universities and Australian expatriates living in China. Over 700,000 Chinese students have studied in Australia since the early 1970s and this large alumni cohort plays an important role in many sectors across the Chinese economy and society and in enhancing the deep people to people relationships between Australia and China.
The Australia China Alumni Awards have been running for 12 years and are organized by the Australia China Alumni Association (ACAA), with support from our Patron, H.E. the Australian Ambassador to China, and the Australian Global Alumni program.
We have celebrated around 400 winners and finalists of the Awards, including a number of high profile alumni from a range of organisations: the CEO of JPMorgan, Vice-Governor of Shandong Province，CFO of Tencent and Chief Engineer of Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China.
Over the past decade the Awards have been sponsored by a range of organisations such as TOEFL®, IELTS, Austrade, the Australian Embassy Beijing, CPA Australia, JJL, Telstra, Qantas, ANZ Bank and IDP Education. There has also been a high participation rate by Australian universities. This year the Awards will also be open to the TAFE/VET sector. The Awards provide a premier opportunity to engage with Chinese (including Hong Kong) alumni from a range of industry sectors and organisational seniority.
Given the unprecedented COVID-19 environment, and widespread restrictions in movement in 2020, the 12th Australia China Alumni Awards adopted a hybrid event format (offline networking + online video broadcasting).
This is the first time that the Australia China Alumni Awards Networking has been held outside China on the same day.
In the TEN cities (Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Hong Kong and Shenyang in China ,and Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Darwin in Australia), about 300 guests in total attended this celebration of the Awards, including outstanding alumni, senior Australian government officials and university representatives, and representatives from the Australia-China corporate community. The Networking was launched by a warm online welcome given by ACAA’s patron, His Excellency Mr Graham Fletcher, the Australian Ambassador to China.
2021 Awards Timeline
2021 Awards Ceremony Format
The online and offline components will be complimentary and structured as listed below:
- A largely pre-recorded and edited online Awards presentation video that will profile Award winners, institutions and the alumni relationship, and highlight sponsors, with high profile speaker appearances. It will be released on the Awards night;
- The online format enables greater reach in both participant numbers and geographic and university representation. Our objective is to reach several thousand participants on the evening and through subsequent downloads.
- At the same time as the online event is shown, we plan small celebration gatherings across a select number of cities in China and Australia to create face to face networking opportunities amongst finalists, sponsors and ACAA members.
Why Sponsor the 13th Awards?
The 2021 Australia China Alumni awards offers a unique opportunity for sponsor partners. The elements of the sponsor offering are:
- PROFILE – The Australia China Alumni Awards is a high-profile annual event attracting a broad range of Australian university alumni and key stakeholders in the Australia-China community. Opportunity to profile your organisation to this important cohort.
- ENGAGEMENT- Great opportunity to engage with the alumni who have strong university, business and personal connections in both Australia and China. Ideal for universities to engage with their alumni in a broader community setting to celebrate success and achievement.
- REACH – Due to the hybrid event format, the geographic and participant scope has broadened, allowing engagement with a large number of alumni across the Greater China region and Australia.
Media and Promotion:
|ACAA marketing channels: newsletter + social media+ website||Yes
Promoting finalists, event registration and sponsors
Social media posts focused on awards winners and sponsors
Video and written posts highlighting awards ceremony, winners and sponsors via all channels
|University and TAFE Partners||Promotion of own alumni finalists (using ACAA provided materials)||Yes
As above (relevant to their alumni finalists and winners)
|Share ACAA content related to their alumni winners for dissemination through their marketing channels|
|Other media partners *||Yes||Yes||Yes
Press releases to be disseminated through key Chinese media platforms and partner media channels
A media report will be provided to all partners and sponsors after the event which includes reach (social media post views), segmentation (break down of applications and events participants) and media coverage details.
*such as media operated by DFAT, Austrade, State Government, and 30+ education media (through paid media agency
- Australia China Alumni of the Year and Title Sponsorship
- Young Australia China Alumni of the Year
- Australia China Alumni Award for Corporate Achievement
- Australia China Alumni Award for Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Australia China Alumni Award for Women in Leadership
- Australia China Alumni Award for Research & Science
- Australia China Alumni Award for the Arts & Creative Industries
- Australia China Alumni Award for Community and Social Impact
- Award for Contributions to the Australia-China Relationship (open to alumni and non-alumni, of any citizenship)
Adding your own new category? Do you want to create an Award for alumni from a certain background or region? Please contact us.
Sponsorship Benefits and Categories
- Benefits of Awards Title Sponsorship:
- High profile branding opportunity. Including naming rights (XXX Australia China Alumni Awards), prominent placement on all marketing materials including website, EDMs, and social media postings of ACAA and stakeholders linked to Awards promotion.
- Brand affiliation with the premier Australia-China alumni awards event attracting a large audience of Chinese alumni from Australian universities at different stages in their career paths.
- Benefits of Awards Category Sponsorship:
- Website listing and social media promotion, including logo listing for all Awards promotion. High level sponsors will also have logos listed as ACAA sponsors for twelve months.
- For category sponsors – During the Awards ceremony, provide an introduction to your organisation at the start and end of category Awards presentations.
- Up to 15 second brand/organisation message placed on finalist promotion videos (new) which will be circulated widely through social media.
- Up to 15 seconds video message displayed during the Awards ceremony night.
- Benefits of ACAA Awards Partnership
(Awards Named Sponsor)
|Logo displayed on ACAA Alumni Awards website, WeChat site||Yes
|Logo displayed on ACAA website for 12 months||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Awards category sponsor||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Pre-event social media and video promotion||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Company representative to present category Award||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Company representative to present Awards finalist||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Logo displayed on event invite and promotion to >10,000 ACAA members||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Company video and messaging shown during event||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Naming rights for event “ACAA/XXX Australia China Alumni Awards”||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|Event program advertising||Yes (1 page)||Prominent Logo||Logo shown||Logo shown|
|Post event EDM/content promotion||Yes||Yes||logo shown||No|
|Media outreach report||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Participant profile metrics||Yes||Yes||No||No|
To enquire about sponsorship opportunities for the 2021 Awards, please contact us via email@example.com